Thursday, July 10, 2014

Christmas in July Week Santa Hamburger Box


I just love my Santa punch art on top of 

the hamburger box. 

I had a little trouble finding a hat for this happy old

elf but finally decided on what to use. 
 
 
 

I know you want to make one too so here is a list of punches 

that I used. 

The belt is a strip of black cut 1 inch by 5 1/4 inch.

It is scored at 1 1/4 and at 4 inches. 

The belt buckle was made with silver glimmer paper punched 

with square from little labels punch pack then punched again using

1 inch square punch. 

Santa head 2 1/2 circle using Pink Pirouette cardstock

Santa nose small oval 

Santa ears wing piece from Bird Builder punch

Santa eyes whites 3/4 inch circle punch, 

black pupils medium circle from Owl Builder punch

Hat Extra Large Oval, Modern Label punch for hat brim. This was

punched with dazzling diamond glimmer paper. The top pouf was made with

Boho punch again using the new dazzling diamond glimmer paper. 

Mustache made with two birds overlapped from Bird Builder punch.

Beard was made with the lower part of the large die from 

Apothecary Accents. 

Greeting on front of the box is from More Merry Messages which is also

on the carryover list so it is still a current set. 

Additional notes: I sponged the edges of the pink pieces with Pink Pirouette ink.

Eyes and nose are highlighted using chalk marker. The nose, mustache, hat brim, top pouf, and belt 

buckle where popped up using stampin' dimensionals. 

The entire head piece was attached to the top of the hamburger box using 

more dimensionals. 

I hope you enjoyed this happy little Santa. I had fun making him.
 
I wanted to give a shout out to my son John who turns 26 today. My, my. my.....
 
where does the time go? Happy Birthday John! 

Stamping trails
Karen

6 comments:

Donna D said...

Thanks for sharing the details of this GREAT Santa!

Elizabeth said...

Love it! Perfect for gift giving.

craftydancemom said...

Where did you get the hamburger box?

Krafting Karen said...

the hamburger box is a die for the Big Shot. Stampin'Up! is currently selling it in there catalog

Julie A. said...

Thank you so much for the supply list. This is adorable and I can't wait to make t:)

Jazzi Ka said...

Hi Karen,
my name is Jessika, I'm a stampin' Up! Demonstrator in Germany. I love these cute santa and would like to aks you to use these tutorial. I made smome photos and would like to explain it in german and publish it at my weblog. Of Course, I will relink your blog. Is it okay for you? Thanks a lot, Jessika

http://www.stempelfreundin.de